OS410, OSMO UV-Protection-Oil 410 Clear 750ml (no biocides)
Order together with our other products, enjoy Free Add-on Shipping
Osmo UV-Protection Oil Extra is a satin-matt, natural oil based and microporous finish, does not crack, flake, peel or blister. It is water and dirt resistant, moisture regulating and reduces wood swelling and shrinkage. The natural oils enhance the natural character and tone of the wood.
- Clear Natural Oil-based finish with 12x UV-Protection
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- 410 Clear is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- 420, 425, 428 & 429 contains biocides to prevent the growth of algae, mildew and fungal attack
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Ensure that wood surfaces to be treated with Osmo UV Protection Oil are clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
- Surfaces should be sanded with a 120 grit abrasive and no finer
- New wood and especially hardwoods should be allowed to weather for approximately 6 weeks prior to oiling
- De-grease surfaces with methylated spirit or Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (8000) before oiling
- Fill any holes or gaps with an exterior gap sealer
Please Note: Allowing the wood to weather, especially dense exotic hardwoods, enables the tight, dense grain of the timber to open up. This makes it easier to apply the oil and allows it to penetrate deeper in to the wood grain.
- Clean old microporous finishes (wood oils) thoroughly
- Areas affected by mould, algae and moss must be cleaned and treated
- Old paints, lacquers and varnish like stains must be completely removed
- The colour of timber that has turned grey / silver over time can be restored prior to oiling with Osmo Wood Reviver Gel (6609)
- Then treat as New Wood